The project aims at providing a circular road with different entry points along its alignment. This should address the congestion problems in the Port Louis metropolitan area and alleviate these problems at the entrances as well as within the city itself.
The project’s components are as follows:
- Construction of five kilometres dual-carriageway roads, with 3.5 m-wide lanes and 1.5 m-wide paved shoulders.
- Construction of four dual carriageway roundabouts.
- Construction of a grade-separated junction and a four-lane underpass of 33 m span using prestressed concrete.
- Construction of a 73 m-long bridge of two 20 m spans, and one 33 m span of prestressed concrete for a dual carriageway.
- Construction of a 60 m-long bridge of varying span lengths (11 to 17 m) for a dual carriageway.
- Construction of a fly-over, with two 18 m spans for a single carriageway.
- Construction of drainage structures and retaining walls.
- Provisions for road marking, traffic signs, handrails, safety fences, street lighting, etc.